Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Today's teaser comes from my current read, In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks. I picked up the book and found this scene - it made me smile.

~ "She's daft," Arthur said.
Magnus nodded. "The poor laird. He must have been tricked. He's married a daft lass."
Mairin put her hands on her hips. "I am not daft!"
Arthur shook his head, a light of sympathy in his eyes. "Maybe daft is too strong a word. Addled. Aye, maybe a wee addled. Did you suffer an injury to your head recently?"
"Nay, I did not!"
"As a child then?" Magnus asked.
"I am in perfect command of my faculties," she snapped.
"Then why in God's name did you suggest we cut the mare in two?" Arthur demanded. "That's the most daft thing I've ever heard."
"It worked for King Solomon," she muttered.
"King Solomon order a horse cut in half?" Magnus asked in a confused voice.
"Who is King Solomon? He's not our king. I bet he's English. 'Twould be a very English thing to do," Arthur said.
Magnus nodded in agreement. "Aye, all English are daft." Then he turned to Mairin. "Be you English, lass?"
"Nay! Why on earth would you ask something like that?"
"Maybe she has some English blood," Arthur said. "'Twould explain things." ~

If you have not read the McCabe Trilogy by Maya banks, you should. It is a delightful series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews